Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:23 am Did you clone the package, or just edit the APVERIV one? Most of the maps with the Predator/Reaper use the full package vs. embedding.

And I wondered if the cloak on the reaper prevents Missile locks? I think you can still get missile locked in a stealth badger, but really the stealth should void the missile locks too.
It's a new package (csapveriv.u). It does not conflict with the other package in any way I'm aware. They are separate vehicles, mutators, and configs. Both versions can be used at the same time.

Stealth doesn't affect missile lock. I might be able to make that work but it sounds extremely OP to me :D An invisible flier that avrils don't work on? Good luck! lol.

I should have something for you soon. Still some fixes to do like add zoom to predator turret and make stealth vehicles not show up in the enhanced HUD.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cool, let me know and I can update a test map. Maybe DesertedSands which has two predators per team...could change one to a reaper and there's plenty of anti-air on there.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Download here

I'm not sure how to make cloak avoid missile lock. It's a function of the weapon not vehicle. I'd have to modify all weapons that lock to understand cloak. I might be able to do something with the 'alternateTarget' feature but not sure.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cool. I'll update DesertedSands to test it out when I get a moment. I think its a good test map for it, especially since it has a couple of mesas that would benefit from DropShip Transport.

As far as the cloak, not that big of deal, IMO.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah I think just getting rid of the radar will the the best fix. That'll bring it back into the UT universe.

Those bombs with the white flashes look awesome btw. On the black helicopter.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think the Radar is still enabled yes?

Might be interesting to have a Recon Helicopter (like Reaper/Predator) but no weapons (or maybe slow homing rockets aka Raptor) but has radar as forward looking... could call it Hawkeye (after the EC-2)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:37 am I think the Radar is still enabled yes?

Might be interesting to have a Recon Helicopter (like Reaper/Predator) but no weapons (or maybe slow homing rockets aka Raptor) but has radar as forward looking... could call it Hawkeye (after the EC-2)
Yeah it's still enabled. With the seeking distance reduced I'm hoping it's not an issue anymore. You might be able to see them from across the map but you won't be able to spam missiles from that far.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I don't think it will be. Now that it can't spam from across the map, it either can be a recon bird, or has to get in Avril range to do damage, and its not the toughest flier out there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Played with a bit:

1. Reaper, we should make it go back to visible once it starts firing like the Stealth Badger
2. Predator/Reaper, do the plasma (first primary fire) have homing? You can still shoot across the map by targeting via the Radar hanging out of sight, homing or not, so I am thinking either no radar, or change that weapon to have a shorter range
3. DropShip, seemed to work, although when I dropped the blue mino, it had red mino turrets? (This was testing locally).

I can probably get a test version up on the server this weekend
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I can make those changes pretty easy. Let me get you a new package. I'll look over the team-changing code also to see if there is something I missed.