Map with no vehicle respawns

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

Re: Map with no vehicle respawns

Post by Rhamp »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1caoUc6 ... drive_link

V1.6-TEST is on the google drive. Randomizer works as much as it can given its current limitations. The probability for the vehicles maths out so that most rounds should have correct weighting, but every so often there will be a fubared round with too many op vehicles, but since both sides get the same vehicles, that shouldn't be too big of an issue. I put a giant sign in the core rooms for stains to read in the hopes they don't just waste vehicles, but not sure how helpful that will be. I added a respawning troop carrier to the core so that way players can be shuttled to nodes in the later stages of the game when most of the vehicles have been destroyed. I added some nodes that have respawning vehicles so late game won't be completely devoid of vehicles if one side wastes them all, though the node vehicles are much weaker than the core vehicles.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Looking at the code a bit deeper, the code is spaghetti when it comes to choosing vehicles.
Yep that is the accurate word for it! I thought about cleaning it up, but figured it more or less works. I did add the flying option, but it wasn't exactly fun code to modify.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So took a quick look and few thoughts...

Overall looks good, I think I'd either add Vehicle Spawn protection (which would mean using UltimateONSFactories, and those generally get skipped by VehicleRandomizer). The concern is that I just grab the fastest tank (Mobreaker) beeline to the enemy base and spawn kill all their vehicles.

Maybe could raise the hill/walls around the core so you can't sit outside the core area and spam the base....you'd have enter from either side....

I'd also suggest a fixed LinkTank, I know they are in the random mix, but I could see a Link Tank being key here to keep your vehicles alive....

I can put this version on the server if you'd like let me know.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking maybe putting a bunch of large rocks to almost make the core be in like a cave of sorts to prevent core spamming, especially from artillery. That way, if you want to go spawnkill all the vehicles, you would have to drive all the way into the enemy base and likely get yourself killed in the process.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vI-TeH ... drive_link

V1-7-TEST on the google drive.

-Walls around the core have been raised and expanded, making it much harder to spawnkill without getting really close to the enemy base.
-Added the ships from my other maps over the cores to block artillery
-Added ladders to the tower nodes so you can get back to the weapon lockers.
-Added some other vehicles that weren't already in the randomizer (flame tank, hydra, link badger)
-Replaced one of the random vehicles in the core with a regular link tank (heavy link tanks still can spawn via the randomizer)

Should be good to go now.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Loaded up on the server.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So good idea, but vehicle mix needs some work

No Turtle, no bio, no mobreaker, they just wreak everything too fast. I'd keep it tanks that need multiple shots.

I think the cores need a bit more protection especially between 2-3.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1trZdi9 ... sp=sharing
V1-8-TEST on the google drive

-Removed hurricane, turtle, mobreaker, bio tank and limited hydras to 1 per team
-Added more rocks to provide more cover throughout the map
-Added 2 more vehicles to the primaries. These have a 15 second respawn timer so as long as you don't lose your primary, you should always have vehicles.

Core now spawns 1 link tank, 1 Perses MAS, 1 troop carrier, and 7 random spawns containing heavy goliath, link tank, heavy link tank, aegis, rail tank, fire tank v2, EONS paladin, mirage omni, mirage plasma, lobreaker, and a max of 1 hydra. Only the troop carrier respawns quickly. The tanks take 10 minutes to respawn, so unless the game has stalemated, they effectively don't respawn. The levi takes 20, so it really shouldn't ever respawn if it goes down.

Nodes spawn badgers, vanilla hellbenders, link scorpions, troop carriers, goliath 2s and link badgers. The middle node can spawn both core and node vehicles, so taking the middle can be extremely valuable. All node vehicles respawn fairly quickly.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the Server.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

So I realized that the node vehicles weren't respawning because I fumbled the vehicle randomizer respawn settings. I'm going to go ahead and fix that now. I'm also probably going to add some respawning weak vehicles in the core and make it so only the tanks (other than the goliath) don't respawn. That way the game doesn't devolve into dm and Enyo can stop bitching about having no fast vehicles in the core, while still preserving the key gameplay element of good vehicles not respawning. Might use the UltimateVehicleFactory to see if I can bump the hp of the tanks up, making it less oneshotty. Maybe even adding back some of the op tanks if the hp of all the tanks are bumped high enough.