Volcano High..

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Volcano High..

Post by pooty »

Starting a separate thread for Volanco High.

What I have so far:
Cores: Fixed Spawns Mino, Armadillo, Helix, Dark Levi (5000 health)
2 Random Manta Spawns per team (Manta, FireManta, Node Exploder, FireFly, Mirage Manta, StingRay) -- note the "Power" mantas aren't here eg. Short Circuit, Tractor Manta, Lamprey -- all four spawns are independently Random, so wouldn't be fair for one team to get Manta, and other to get a regular Manta. The power mantas are in the randomizer mix, but aren't considered flyers (eg. bFlying = False)
Rest 5 spawns flyers only...
8/9 - Fixed Tank Spawn, again Random (Hurricane, Rail Tank, Fire Tank, Heavy Tank, Odin etc). The UltimateFactory lets me adjust the health so I evened up some of the more powerful (eg. Odin, Heavy Tank to have a bit less than usual to keep it far). 2 Random spawns.
4/5 - Hospitaler, 3 Random Spawns
1/13 - 3 Flyer Spawns
7/2 - 3 Flyer Spawns and fixed King Hell Hound
3/10 - 1 Fixed Tank Spawn (same as 8/9) 4 Random spawns 2 up/2 down.
12 - 1 Fixed Tank Spawn and 3 Randoms.

So Flyer only is only flyers (not mantas or tanks obviously), pretty much every flyer we have is on here, except the Arbiter.
The Random list has some goodies like MegaBadger, Dark Paladin and few others. These won't spawn a flyer spawns, so you might get one at a random spawn.
The mix breaks down as follows
56 total potential vehicles
30 - Flyers.
9 - Manta Types
18 - Assorted Ground vehicles (Mega, Spider, Nuke Tank,Odin, Basilisk, FireHound (its fast and good antiair), King HellHound are only two trucks etc.)

No scorpions.

Should be plenty of flyers and still a good mix of the occasional tank or utility vehicle (eg. Nuke tank)
Rhamp

Re: Volcano High..

Post by Rhamp »

This looks like the games will be much more enjoyable. The sniping scorpion might be something good to add since its anti air capability is fairly strong and its fast enough to get places. Could also add a couple more vehicle spawns in the core since this map is usually only played with a large player count. Having to walk from the core is ass on such a big map.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Could also add a couple more vehicle spawns in the core since this map is usually only played with a large player count. Having to walk from the core is ass on such a big map.
Grapple Guns are available at Cores (And Flyer nodes). With the core spawning flyers should be easy to transport the team.

WRT to scorps, it might be good to add a few fixed scorpion spawns. Maybe a Mantis at 13/1, and a Link Scorpion at 3/10
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4kaffyd4 ... 6.zip/file

There were blocking volumes in the center node that blocked onshovertank, so I removed them and added a vehicle teleporter at the bottom to send you back to node level in case your vehicle falls. I also removed these fences on the ramp as they were annoying me.

captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Those aren't fences, they are hand rails! This is how you get an ADA violation. :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:53 pm Those aren't fences, they are hand rails! This is how you get an ADA violation. :lol:
Best hand rails bit ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSZXucTH4A

Maybe if we get rid of all handrails the stains will stop "leaning around all day."
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Thanks, was meaning to get to it, but work was interfering. I'll take your edit and there's a few vehicle tweaks I want to make, especially around vehicles at 12. I'll probably make those this weekend.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Note to self, double check the Omega, it seemed to spawn multiples which it shouldn't
pooty

Post by pooty »

V7 on server, based on the fixes Anon put in.
Not sure why the Omega spawned multiples? Might be bug related to bFlyingOnly, as it was set to unique... but didn't debug it...
Node 12 always spawns 3 random fliers, and 1 random anti-air tank type. Before it was all random. The anti-air tank should be useful to get up on the wall and defend 12, 3, 10.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:28 am Note to self, double check the Omega, it seemed to spawn multiples which it shouldn't
Read in Norm Macdonald's voice