Basic BOT controls: What are you, fucking stupid?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Basic BOT controls: What are you, fucking stupid?

Post by McLovin »

We don't have time to teach the basics of ONS bot control to the shit stains.

RTFM
Or not. And get owned.

https://youtu.be/ZMLWkhumMsI
McLovin

Re: Basic BOT controls: What are you, fucking stupid?

Post by McLovin »

I'm constantly asked how to get your bots in the game working for you. I've written a few posts about this. And FFS this bulletin board search engine sucks ballocks. Here are a few links to posts I found that explain a few things.

How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.
https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... 44ccd68e7c

Bot Voice Commands

How to get your bots in the game.

How to win at MegaBadgers
pooty

Post by pooty »

Some of the maps don't have good bot pathing. It takes extra work to make sure the bots go the right way, etc. On some of my edits, mostly ones that changed node layouts, terrain or things (eg. MassD) the bot pathing didn't get updated. I didn't feel it was worth the extra hours, since few play with bots.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:42 am ...
I didn't feel it was worth the extra hours, since few play with bots.
It's not worth updating at all. This special case was for pickup games early in the evening when only 2 humans were playing. The bots can make or break the experience. 50% of the time your bots will sit idle in the core or at a node. You have to motivate them. Then they can be a real pain in the ass for your opponent. It's really fun and entertaining listening to Ankeedo bitch about how his bots aren't helping him. Almost as fun as hearing about all his no-reg shot whining. LOL
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm
pooty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:42 am ...
I didn't feel it was worth the extra hours, since few play with bots.
It's not worth updating at all. This special case was for pickup games early in the evening when only 2 humans were playing. The bots can make or break the experience. 50% of the time your bots will sit idle in the core or at a node. You have to motivate them. Then they can be a real pain in the ass for your opponent. It's really fun and entertaining listening to Ankeedo bitch about how his bots aren't helping him. Almost as fun as hearing about all his no-reg shot whining. LOL
you are dreaming, trying to convince yourself that you can control the bots...and all you do is only shoot them while they're sitting in the core :lol: :lol: read what pooty said.

and, hmmm, I can't remember the last time you won with bots,2022 I guess!! :lol: :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Drive up to bot, honk your horn, they get in, enjoy your godlike laser gunner.

"hold this position" = stand where I'm standing as I give this command and shoot enemies. They'll walk across the map to obey this one.
"defend the base" = defend the node nearest to the action (or core if you're down to just the core)
"cover me" = follow me around, but most importantly link me if I'm linking a node. They'll also cross the map to find you. So if you die be sure to undo this command or else your bots are just walking around trying to find you.

Attack and search/destroy tend to have the same result. it makes them try to play the map, or they just get confused and stand there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

and, hmmm, I can't remember the last time you won with bots,2022 I guess!! :lol: :lol:
Who is the king of Minus-BadgerMeUp? lolz
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:00 am
Enyo, hands down. That's if he wanted to play it.
I'm curious how leon would do. But he never plays it and waits for the map to be over before joining. ???

AnkeeDo is getting pretty good now, even with his shitty Iraqi 200+ms ping. If he had USA ping under 20ms like the rest of us, he would be unstoppable.
GTKY can hold his own pretty well.
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

McLovin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 am
pooty wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:00 am
Enyo, hands down. That's if he wanted to play it.
I'm curious how leon would do. But he never plays it and waits for the map to be over before joining. ???

AnkeeDo is getting pretty good now, even with his shitty Iraqi 200+ms ping. If he had USA ping under 20ms like the rest of us, he would be unstoppable.
GTKY can hold his own pretty well.
it's not only the ping, I can live with that, but now there is another symptom, I find myself dead before I see the enemy something like freezing !!! :lol: :lol: