Is it Really OP?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Is it Really OP?

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:46 am I'm NOT advocating converting the entire server, only 1 map. It would be worth playing only to hear the stains lose their sheet.

A good candidate would be a copy of MassDestruction where all those juicy vehicles are littered at the core.

Stains: "Wut? I need to go to a node, WTF? I can't joy-ride the mino?" Bwa-hahaha! Get a clue noob.
Even better... a new redux map (where everything is big and we're tiny like MB) that's an amusement park. I can already imagine the center node on a giant merry-go-round in the middle of the map, with roller coasters and other rides on each side. Core and nodes should spawn a mix of low and high PPH required vehicles. Having some core noob vehicles available to all at 0 PPH ensures everyone isn't walking to the first node.

Map could be called "Must Be This Tall."
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

There was this mod that I played on 10 or so years ago that added a new ons gamemode called something like ons-resource or something like that. You'd earn credits throughout the game based on points or something that you could spend to spawn a vehicle at a node that had that vehicle type. Not sure how well something like that would work here, since it would make it even more unbalanced since the people with high pph can pull high powered vehicles back to back and further increase their points while the stains are stuck in trucks getting farmed harder than usual. Could be interesting for a single map, but definitely not server-wide.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Rhamp wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:59 pm There was this mod that I played on 10 or so years ago that added a new ons gamemode called something like ons-resource or something like that. You'd earn credits throughout the game based on points or something that you could spend to spawn a vehicle at a node that had that vehicle type. Not sure how well something like that would work here, since it would make it even more unbalanced since the people with high pph can pull high powered vehicles back to back and further increase their points while the stains are stuck in trucks getting farmed harder than usual. Could be interesting for a single map, but definitely not server-wide.
C&C maps?
macintoxicated

Post by macintoxicated »

Define OP. I’m a noob when it comes to lingo
pooty

Post by pooty »

Overpowered.

Generally used when some vehicle/ability is too much and "breaks" the game play. Or when one player can run the map
macintoxicated

Post by macintoxicated »

pooty wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:38 am Overpowered.

Generally used when some vehicle/ability is too much and "breaks" the game play. Or when one player can run the map
Sounds like every vehicle on that big open dessert map with the two opposite bases and the nodes tucked into towers. I get rail gunned constantly, can't barely do anything.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

macintoxicated wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:26 am
pooty wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:38 am Overpowered.

Sounds like every vehicle on that big open dessert map with the two opposite bases and the nodes tucked into towers. I get rail gunned constantly, can't barely do anything.
Just think of the Omni Minotaur, the original OP Omni vehicle.

It's especially any map with "Randomizer" in the name. Those maps randomly spawn an array of vehicles, almost all of which are the newer so-call overpowered (OP) vehicles. Some are in fact quite OP, and pooty continually works to improve on those that are. Great example is the Link Mech, its beam is far more powerful than any other link vehicle and needs a damage/healing reduction.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain