Is it Really OP?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Is it Really OP?

Post by Enyo »

So many on our server whine incessantly about the OP Starbolt, Mino, Arbiter, Mech, blah, blah, blah… but when they get in them they quickly die while being completely oblivious to enemies or nodes right the fuck next to them.

So maybe we say fuck those guys, quit nerfing these things, and keep our vehicles the way they’re meant to be used. The Arbiter is a flyer killing machine, the Starbolt is quick and nimble for dive bomb attacks (but easy to kill), the Mino destroys everything in its path, and the Mechs are enormously powerful. If you don’t know how to appreciate and utilize those qualities in those vehicles… stay the fuck out of them or start learning.

I mean we have weapons that detonate on the scale of a nuclear warhead and we’re complaining about over powered?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Re: Is it Really OP?

Post by pooty »

So after I wrote the other post, I thought "Is it really that bad?" Sure there's a few tweaks (increasing Arbiter damage), and perhaps slowing Starbolt fire a bit...

But really it comes down to how to use the vehicles. Having watched stains dive bomb nodes in the Arbiter, stand still in the star bolt, drive the mino in the trench etc. And then add in lack of teamwork and strategy (going to the wrong nodes)... yep sure as shit looks like somethings are OP. But even the best vehicle with poor play will suck and even weaker vehicles in the right spot can be devastating.

Maybe we need a "cliff notes" guide to vehicles describing the general intent of the vehicle, and strengths/weaknesses, might be helpful.
dognuts

Post by dognuts »

The only issue I find with the flyers is that they have a tendency to dominate any particular map if there aren't at least a few sniping vehicles like Arbiters etc. I've been in Arctic Randomizer a few times and the flyers are crazy and the only nodes you can hope to find a sniping tank are the corner nodes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

That is the one thing I've tried to do on Randomizers is make a few fixed vehicles, specifically anti-air. Rail Tank on AJY. On Minus-KS, you always get Armadillo troop carrier at 1/2 and centaur at the cores. But generally if you get a strong flyer mix then they will dominate.

I also think there's a skill factor and how to use the vehicle. If its Enyo/Xexx etc in a strong flyer vs. some random stain (Pzwheel, JKT), gonna feel really OP like trying to outduel Snarf, Anon or Sanka in a LG battle.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

The shear fact that you try to camp it all day is proof enough it's OP.

Anything that can one shot hitscan and has maneuverability is overpowered. Especially if it flies. The whole combination of overpowered abilities is a problem too.

It heals, damages, is maneuverable, has a tractor beam effect that pulls and has AoE damage effects? That damn healing manta should be next.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It heals, damages, is maneuverable, has a tractor beam effect that pulls and has AoE damage effects? That damn healing manta should be next.
Its range is quite limited, 3300 UU, so its got to get close, does NOTHING far out.

So its got a bit of a nerf: Lamprey 2.43
SelfHealMultiplier = 0.75; Now 0.65 (so it heals its self now 13% slower)
VehicleDamageMult = 1.5; Now 1.35 so it does 124 pts/s damage. (Link gun is 75, next highest link vehicle the link flyer does 146 (which I might point out also heals itself (0.5) and can fly...but no tractor effect)
Jump reduced, just slightly better than Manta, so it should be easier to hit, and can't escape as easily.
(On the server, that fast enough?)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Xexx wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:39 pm Anything that can one shot hitscan and has maneuverability is overpowered.
Are we talking about vehicles or Anonymous and Cali?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:02 am ...
If you don’t know how to appreciate and utilize those qualities in those vehicles… stay the fuck out of them or start learning.
There's a winning idea: Base vehicle entry on player ranking. If you are a shit-stain you can't get into the mino. Hahaha!

"Sorry Hector, this Mino isn't for you" LOL
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's all fun and games until you try it

Code: Select all

"Sorry McLovin, this Mino isn't for you"
:lol:
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 am It's all fun and games until you try it

Code: Select all

"Sorry McLovin, this Mino isn't for you"
:lol:
Haha!