Face Classic ONS

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Face Classic ONS

Post by pooty »

Low grav has to got to go, I think regular gravity and quad jump. Maybe put in some jump boots.
pooty

Re: Face Classic ONS

Post by pooty »

V2 on the server.
- Gravity is back, but slightly reduced from normal gravity.. not nearly as floaty, but at full gravity you die jumping from the tower here you do not.
- Quad Jump
- Some Air control MutMovementModifier (although not sure this is enough)
- Added some shield/health to core
- Added jump boots to cores.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Just played a round vs gtky. Air control definitely needs to be bumped up a ton. Whenever you are in the air, you are still a free target to anyone that can somewhat aim a shock or lightning gun. Also, where did the deemer go? Being able to sneak a deemer under the map and nuke the back node made it less of a dm fest. The quad jump and jump boots are nice additions.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Also, where did the deemer go? Being able to sneak a deemer under the map and nuke the back node made it less of a dm fest.
Still in the same spot. Takes a little bit of different jumping path to get to it though.

I'll have to look at the air control, since I used the standard mutator which doesn't allow me to increase it. I'll have to write a custom one, its easy though... and probably could/should be used on other low grav maps.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I am also thinking a bit of an expanded version with maybe side towers and/or maybe lowered a bit for two levels of play (ie. jump down to the lower nodes). You'd still get the sniping, but it would be more than just front to back.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Luckily the air control one is configurable.... so it was at 0.35, set it to 0.75 (1 would same as ground), so you should have more air control, but I fear it isn't going to save us from Anon.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:34 pm Luckily the air control one is configurable.... so it was at 0.35, set it to 0.75 (1 would same as ground), so you should have more air control, but I fear it isn't going to save us from Anon.
I refuse to play this map on this server. Played it SOOOOO many times on the RMD server and never really cared for it. It just becomes a snipe/DM map, and on RMD as an ONS map (which this one should NEVER be) it almost always went to OT and blue always won by default. Very boring map, especially with guys like Anon and Sanka around. Play Freon instead, it's more fun.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So this is a bit changed from the RMD version.
- There's two paths to the core (single node middle goes core to core, back nodes are connected as primaries)
- Added some vehicles including paladin, link tank so that you have a chance of bringing up the center node -- which happened a few times.
- You can also nuke the back node for OT points.

I really want to tweak it a bit with some outlying nodes so it isn't just face to face.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:38 pm So this is a bit changed from the RMD version.
- There's two paths to the core (single node middle goes core to core, back nodes are connected as primaries)
That prob helps, but it’s still not a map I will play. If you add some nodes I might give it a try, but really don’t think I’ll ever want to play this map. I’d rather be stuck on Spambox.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain