pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

JunkYard Randomizer Changes..

Post by pooty »

ArcticJY - V25 on the server.
- Removed Duplicate pallas entries
- Omega banned from 3/9
- Removed Levi, Tiamat from vehicle list (Tiamat always spawns at core)
- Forced Spawns at core, Wasp, Falcon (reduced respawn time from 90, to 60), Mino, Centaur, Helix (and Tiamat) plus 13 Random ones. So core is loaded...

Biggest change was adjusted point values.
Increased Core point values now Average 500-700+
Nodes 1/2 400-900, 4 random
Nodes 4/5 400-900, 4 random
Nodes 7/10, Forced ion spawn, 3 random 300-800
Nodes 6/8, forced rail tank, plus 3 random 400-800
Nodes 3/9, 300-600, 4 random

Note those are Average ranges per vehicle. So say for 1/2 it might hit the top at 3600 points (900*4 vehicles), but if say it spawns a mech at 1200 points, they the remaining vehicles will be weaker...
The cores should see much more powerful vehicles than previously (might even feel OP), but this is to address comebacks. And same with Primaries, if you notice the vehicle loadouts should get weaker farther from the cores. So say you reclaim 4/5, you get better vehicles now to go after 3/9, 6/8.

Now it is still RANDOM so you can still get a weaker core load out and perhaps a really strong 1/2 or 4/5, or vice versa. As with most maps, how your team makes use of the power vehicles where and when you get them is key.

Hopefully this increases the comebacks vs. one sided slams, But hopefully sufficient power at cores to at least make comebacks possible.

Let see how this plays, and I can revisit DJY next.
Enyo

Re: JunkYard Randomizer Changes..

Post by Enyo »

Good moves pooty! I agree with Rhamp that typically the core should have the most powerful vehicles on most maps to allow for some chance of a comeback. Exceptions are one or two reward vehicles at a center node. Obviously more prevalent to do this sort of setup on Randomizers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yes, good changes, ty sir!
pooty

Post by pooty »

V13 DJY got a similar treatment, although I don't think it was as skewed.

Cores have helix, mino and 2 Hammerheads always. Core points increased so you should get much better vehicles.

Vehicle mix still has the Levi, Tiamat, since this is more a tank map those are more useful.

Added in FireHound, so one thing here, is the Trucks are probably more useful since this has KHH and FH both of which are pretty fast. Removed duplicate stingray, and added in regular manta (figuring a regular manta will help but won't turn it into a flyer map).
pooty

Post by pooty »

So a couple more thoughts....from some threads in other discussions.

Further reduce the vehicles at 3/9. I think this is a good idea...it will help retake your 4/5 primary. I'll make these changes to the current versions and replace.

I think perhaps look at either moving 4/5 closer to cores, or maybe just extending the current hill to wrap a bit more toward 6/8, so that it takes enemy vehicles a bit longer to line up on that primary, ie. shouldn't be able to easily just shoot it from the 6/8 entrance.

I'll start with DJY (AJY has flyers and that's not going to matter as much), and maybe FJY (as this has tower core turrets to defend 4/5 from flyers, but rarely get used). I'll make some TEST versions first before just replacing the current ones.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So see the Map Announcement, made some changes.

Some minor junk screening from 4/5 toward 6/8, should make it a bit more difficult to hit right away.
Turrets on AJY to kill flyers swarming 4/5/6/8

The bigger changes and they were still pretty slight, but was reducing point values (ie vehicle strength) at 3/9 and faster core vehicle respawns.