BitchSlapWithSlap-Randomizer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

BitchSlapWithSlap-Randomizer

Post by Rhamp »

A randomized version of the map with some minor changes with the goal to have a map that has enough vehicle play that it isn't ruled by dmers while being low-tier enough to avoid all the op vehicles.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EQcJBW ... sp=sharing

I was reading a bunch of the recent posts about maps being either too dm or op vehicle spamfests and thought about this map. I loved this map 15 years ago and feel like it could be played more if spiced up slightly. The randomizer chooses from fairly low-tier ground vehicles, with the king hell hound probably being the strongest. The cores have a forced link tank spawn along with 6 randomized spawns, the tank nodes spawn a goliath II with 1000 hp instead of a regular one, and the center nodes now spawn a weak ground vehicle. Shield tanks can spawn, making taking and holding the center nodes easier. The manta spawns choose from a bunch of the different mantas and are only set to spawn at the tank node, so there should always only be 2 mantas per side. I moved the manta spawns to the back of the wall so they don't get spawnkilled as easily.

For the minor edits, I added a spawnpoint to the center nodes because this bothered the hell out of me in the original. The redeemer on the center wall is replaced with a link nuke and redeemers spawn behind both cores. The wildcard pickup in the secret basement is replaced with a keg o whoopass. A tunnel now goes from the tank node to above the core with a double damage pickup inside it. This gives a better way to hit the core instead of having to run through the enemy spawn.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: BitchSlapWithSlap-Randomizer

Post by Enyo »

Interesting… will have to just see how it plays. Sounds like a lot of vehicles for a fairly tight spaced map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I wish you'd make new maps instead of changing the maps I like. This all but guarantees the old version won't get played anymore, like what happened to HSH, Minus-Kamek, original Arctic Junkyard, and every other duplicate map. More hyperblasts, less remakes please.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Does the slap wreck the vehicles? That would be fun, bring your link tank out and smack. dead.

Lets all take a look at it offline before we upload it.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Maybe instead of the smack it also triggers the ion sattelite thing? Or the WGS nuke explosion? That'd be sure to clear the room.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So the slap does wreck vehicles!

A couple suggestions:
- Remove Lamprey, Short Circuit and Pulse Traitor Mantas. You have the Firefly, and Mirage Manta are good, but the first three are way too OP for such a small map.

It has a nice feel to it, almost Tyrant like. Key will be linking the link tank to take out the goliath. Speaking of which I didn't check spawn times but I'd recommend at least 30s or more for the tanks.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I loaded it on the server, we can play test it, but I think those mantas will run the map.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

The link tank and goliath have the default 30 second respawn and the shield tanks have a full minute respawn. I was on the fence with the mantas since they will definitely be strong, but still can get dumpstered by a linked link tank of the goliath. Hopefully this makes it so a team who doesn't have that great tank control can have a chance at winning if they use their mantas correctly. If they are too strong, I'd prefer significantly increasing their respawn timer instead of outright removing them, making them strategic resources that have to be managed well. I also can't wait to see a shield tank try to defend one of the middle nodes only to get slapped. The slap also has a fairly long cooldown (somewhere around a minute or so. I can't remember exactly), so you can time your tank push to happen right after a slap.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am I wish you'd make new maps instead of changing the maps I like. This all but guarantees the old version won't get played anymore, like what happened to HSH, Minus-Kamek, original Arctic Junkyard, and every other duplicate map. More hyperblasts, less remakes please.
I agree.

For example, I miss the old boring Dria. I see Dria is in play, and get excited, but then quickly realize it's the new Dria, ugh!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am I wish you'd make new maps instead of changing the maps I like. This all but guarantees the old version won't get played anymore, like what happened to HSH, Minus-Kamek, original Arctic Junkyard, and every other duplicate map. More hyperblasts, less remakes please.
I agree.

For example, I miss the old boring Dria. I see Dria is in play, and get excited, but then quickly realize it's the new Dria, ugh!
x2 yeah I miss the non-randomizer dria.