Omnipotents Discord

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Omnipotents Discord

Post by pooty »

https://discord.com/channels/5544382058 ... 6495964160

Some of you are already on there, if not join.
McLovin

Re: Omnipotents Discord

Post by McLovin »

I'm a member of Discord, but when I click on your link above, everything is greyed out there.

Question: What is the value of Discord for us? When Mailbox was running games with CEONSS, it was useful for comms during his games.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Mine is all grayed out too.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm..I am far from Discord expert, and Mailbox is still the Discord Admin. I think there needs to be Discord invite..I'll check on it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

McLovin

Post by McLovin »

McLovin wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:12 pm Question: What is the value of Discord for us? When Mailbox was running games with CEONSS, it was useful for comms during his games.
What good is it? Is it just for in-game comms or is it used in other ways? Forgive me, but I just don't get it. PS: I still don't understand what the fuck Twitter is good for either, LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

So you can use it for in game comms, we've used in the the past with matches with CEONSS. No plans to switch, some claim it saves on server bandwidth but I don't think we have an issue. CEONSS has their own channel as well.

Its also a good real time chat by subjects (there's channels on discord for all kinds of stuff). I see it as a supplement to the forums...which are good because there threads vs. long chats.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:15 pm
McLovin wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:12 pm Question: What is the value of Discord for us? When Mailbox was running games with CEONSS, it was useful for comms during his games.
What good is it? Is it just for in-game comms or is it used in other ways? Forgive me, but I just don't get it. PS: I still don't understand what the fuck Twitter is good for either, LOL
You and me both McLovin! I don't really get it either... well, I "get it" but don't find the value in it that others do. I know Carpe_Diem uses it over on his HoC Freon server (team deathmatch). Every time I play over there, Termi tells me I'm a douche for not being on their Discord channel. It's used as a social/community platform, lots of businesses actually use it now, but it's marketed widely and mostly to gamers. It's really just another community forum for internet nerds to socialize with other internet nerds.

Every time I've been on it I personally found it to be a distraction while playing onslaught, which requires more teamwork than freon. And many other players are distracted with the multiple conversations going on rather than focusing on game play. It's their social hour so they can chat about things other than the game and not spam the in-game chat. If you're like me and don't play UT for social reasons, then it's not much use to you either. When I wanna chat about life in general and socialize, I go have a beer with my boys in the 'hood, or come here and blabber on about discord, lol.

Amen on Twitter, that place is the cess pool of the internet and humanity would be better without it. I've never tweeted anything, other than many years ago when I was fooled into believing I needed it for my business. And I'm getting really tired of news orgs using random peoples' tweets as part of their stories. They pretend trending tweets are a barometer for public sentiment, but it's really just lazy journalism.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

You need the "Trusted Players" role in order to be able to send messages. I don't think that is necessary anymore. One of the discord admins should disable it so people can post.
Sumugan

Post by Sumugan »

pooty wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:25 am Try this link https://discord.gg/STXu4JR2
Says link expired