Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:33 am ...
Ah, that was you that ruined our really good match of Dawn?
It wasn’t just you with the tank… Phariz and GTKU also kept getting in our tank whenever the bot kept getting in and out of it. Made the difference in keeping us from getting the cabinet back.

That’s kind of an old unspoken rule too, especially with low count players and bots present. They’re notorious for abandoning vehicles, so it’s kinda dick to jump in one.
Ah, the luxury of playing fair only manifests itself when you are a top player. I can count on one hand people on this server that play by that high and honorable a standard. The rest will take every opportunity for an advantage at any costs, even resorting to dick moves.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:44 am Ah, the luxury of playing fair only manifests itself when you are a top player.
Really? Then why did Tom Brady deflate his footballs? Or why did Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones use steroids? Or, on a more UT level, why did Xexx repeatedly dragon bomb spam the core roof on MTMU?

Sometimes people, even top players, “resort to dick moves” just to gain an advantage. When cynical and disillusioned people start justifying it as the only way to compete at a top level, then the whole sport loses integrity.

Having honorable standards of fair play in any competitive activity has nothing to do with your level of ability and everything to do with your individual character.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:31 pm ...
Sometimes people, even top players, “resort to dick moves” just to gain an advantage.
Having honorable standards of fair play in any competitive activity has nothing to do with your level of ability and everything to do with your individual character.
Yup, agreed. Even top players pull dick moves even here on Omni. And it's a major tell about their integrity.

It always reminds me of the ending scene of Blade Runner 1982 when Rutger Hauer is chasing Harrison Ford around the apartment building.
"'Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the “good” man? C'mon, Deckard. Show me what you're made of.'
Blade Runner (1982)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

This conversation made me think of the current madness going on of allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports. Talk about lacking integrity, honor and general sanity.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:01 pm This conversation made me think of the current madness going on of allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports. Talk about lacking integrity, honor and general sanity.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

she's so brave!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I haven't played with a full server and a while... and man I forgot what a friggin mess it can be! I'm usually "more the merrier" when it comes to population, but you really run into trouble when most of the vehicles are taken. Also, it still blows my mind how many people still don't know about the abundant KegOWhoopass locations on HomeSweetHomeXmas.

GTKU, someone else, and myself made a fully operational Odin as well. That was a rare sight. Guy shot people coming toward the node with the main cannon, while the other gunner and I both linked the node. That definitely put the other team out of luck.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, great to see full server and I think at one time there were 3 specs waiting to get in!

Many of the vehicles become much more powerful with gunners...and when we get more players on many seem to forget that. For example the Wraith on NVM, great to have a gunner that and also attack/heal while you fly... far too often it just becomes grab a vehicle and spam.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:28 am Many of the vehicles become much more powerful with gunners...and when we get more players on many seem to forget that.
I’d prefer most of them forget that… most times I’d rather my gunner just get out because they’re either oblivious to everything or can’t hit anything, or a little of both. It’s rare to get a gunner at all, but even rarer to get a good one. More of often than not, I’m better off gunning for myself.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Haha yep. Had Unicorn_Vomit (I think) as a gunner for me in the Mino. Couldn't hit shit. I mean like we got killed by like a Flare Raptor, because he couldn't gun, and I couldn't get angle with the Minigun... in that case it would have been better to have no gunner, I could have switched, killed the flyer and moved on..instead we were dead.