Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by captainsnarf »

What, please no
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Mailb)o(x was playing last night! I even heard his voice! That was a nice surprise, thank you :)
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

He sounds like Termi kind of, at first I thought it was him!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

ggs tonight everyone... I had a looong friggin week and it was great to get a bunch of matches in tonight (with a full server too).

Plus the return of GTKU. Good to have a "new" name in here that isn't a noob and actually energizes the game.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah I was dragging behind bigtime on Evergreen tonight. For some reason I kept walking into a 3v1 scenario over and over and over...

Also, I'm not sure if this is legit or not, but I think there's an action at some point in the use of the dropship that causes you to lose points. It's already a little glitchy. Sometimes when I drop the tank, it suddenly starts on fire. Or if I heal a dropped tank I'll actually do damage to it. I was using the dropship a lot on that map and maybe dying in it or in a dropped vehicle causes you to lose a point? I've had it on other maps where I suddenly have -3 and people are saying wtf to me over the mic.

Every once in a while though I'll just be doing my thing and I'm stuck on the bottom of the friggin scoreboard. It's especially bad if I get thrown off my rhythm of usual vehcles/routes. For example if I don't get to one of the Wasps at the start of Arctic Junkyard then I seem to be screwed for the first few minutes.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I killed you a few times using the Arbiter. I probably shot through the mino and the dropship at the same time. Also if you shoot the mino while attached to the dropship you take damage.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The way the dropship works is a little weird :D

When you pick up a vehicle
1. the vehicle's health is recorded
2. the vehicle is destroyed and passengers put inside the dropship
3. the vehicle's empty mesh is attached to the dropship
4. the vehicle's factory is tricked into thinking the vehicle is still alive

shooting a dropship with vehicle attached does not hurt the attached vehicle. Technically it's not even there so nothing to hurt. It's just a mesh.

when you drop the vehicle
1. empty mesh is destroyed
2. a new vehicle is spawned in its place and previous passengers put inside
3. the previous vehicle health is restored

if you destroy a dropship with attached vehicle
1. trick is undone from vehicle factory so it knows the vehicle really died

The vehicle factory trick is needed otherwise you could end up with a new mino spawning at the base while the old one is still attached to the dropship and end up with two minos :shock: 8-)

I think maybe in step two when the vehicle is destroyed you are losing points now due to recent the damage point changes. You get points now for destroying vehicles but if it's your own vehicle, it's negative points :lol:
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Interesting. So you can't fire the vehicle inside of the dropship?
pooty

Post by pooty »

No we don't need a flying mino. Plus there's issues with collisions/aiming since the turret is effectively hidden.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:44 am
I think maybe in step two when the vehicle is destroyed you are losing points now due to recent the damage point changes. You get points now for destroying vehicles but if it's your own vehicle, it's negative points :lol:
Okay maybe it's that then. The other day on Dria I flew someone to node 5 from the match start. After I dropped them on the hill the mino immediately started on fire. I jumped out to heal the mino and my link alt fire killed them. So that was a pretty crappy start to a match and they were pissed.