Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by captainsnarf »

I complain about people not voting for new maps. Look at this match - https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/mat ... match=2301

Nobody on red team is ever voting for that map again. I certainly won't without it getting a vehicle edit. The fastest team to get the starbolt nodes wins. One S class vehicle with a bunch of B and C vehicles. And if you don't have a good pilot get them then you're doubly fucked. And if they have the map they get 3(?) starbolts, you get none. The first round I got no vehicles and only 8 points, which was the highest on the team. Matches like that are why I play more DM. At least I'm on even ground when cybz hands me my ass.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I think the flyers ruin that map, and I only have myself to blame. Both the LinkFlyer and Starbolt are too unbalanced for it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:31 am Yeah I think the flyers ruin that map, and I only have myself to blame. Both the LinkFlyer and Starbolt are too unbalanced for it.
Sorry about that… remove me from that roster and it looks more even. I really like flyers, I guess I’m fairly decent in them. :?

To be fair, Leon normally is much better in flyers than his score portrayed there. He’s really been playing like dog squeeze lately, what’s his deal?

I agree though, star bolt and link flyer are a bit too much on this map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Yeah I don't think that map needs both the link flyer and bolt. I was actively hunting the power flyers on that map though. Big floppies was in your bolt I killed him all 3 times with a bender/rail. If Leon had it more maybe that becomes one and it becomes a little more even.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:43 am
pooty wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:31 am Yeah I think the flyers ruin that map, and I only have myself to blame. Both the LinkFlyer and Starbolt are too unbalanced for it.
Sorry about that… remove me from that roster and it looks more even. I really like flyers, I guess I’m fairly decent in them. :?

To be fair, Leon normally is much better in flyers than his score portrayed there. He’s really been playing like dog squeeze lately, what’s his deal?

I agree though, star bolt and link flyer are a bit too much on this map.
Don't feel bad for being a great player :D And thank you Pooty for fixing it already. That was fast!

I'm pretty sure Leon never got the starbolt that match.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Don't feel bad for being a great player :D And thank you Pooty for fixing it already. That was fast!
Sure thing. And there's still flyers, Wraith, Phoenix at core, plus mantas. With any power flyers they are too much, because the hills provide cover and slow the ground vehicles...while the flyers get the advantage. I expect even the Saucers will be pretty dominant. And if you team the wraith with the Linkatron...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:56 am Yeah I don't think that map needs both the link flyer and bolt. I was actively hunting the power flyers on that map though. Big floppies was in your bolt I killed him all 3 times with a bender/rail. If Leon had it more maybe that becomes one and it becomes a little more even.
It’s a bit of a conundrum having Floppies on your team. He’s a generally good player that makes a point to attack nodes, but he’s much better in tanks, and tends to be a prolific waster of flyers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:47 pm
Sure thing. And there's still flyers, Wraith, Phoenix at core, plus mantas. With any power flyers they are too much, because the hills provide cover and slow the ground vehicles...while the flyers get the advantage. I expect even the Saucers will be pretty dominant. And if you team the wraith with the Linkatron...
Interested to see how Moon Mines plays with the new set up… if it seems too slow now with the star bolt and link flyers gone, would you consider adding a falcon at maybe the corner nodes? May be fine as is, I do like the Q36 saucer. The other flying saucer is nothing but a faster Raptor, not a big fan of it.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

would you consider adding a falcon at maybe the corner nodes?
Maybe at the core(s). Hard part with putting the better flyers, or really any vehicles for that matter, at nodes if the team loses them you'd be 2 falcons to none. I put the Phoenix in because I think its easier to kill saucers with it.
I think a good strategy for maps is the powervehicles are either at the core, or as a reward node--with suitable counter vehicles/weapons.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Ok, agreed… put a falcon at the core. :D
― Mark Twain